Wednesday, May 02, 2007

Bring on Man United!

I woke up at 2.30 am last night to catch the live telecast of the European Champions League Semi-Final clash between Liverpool and Chelsea together with my two sons, Syafiq and Anas.

I thought by 4.45 am the match would be over. Liverpool will have won 2 - 0, and I would continue with my sleep.

But nothing doing!

When Liverpool scored - and Chelsea had no answer to it, the match went into extra time. After a goalless 30 minutes of extra time, it was already well past five in the morning. On to penalties. By the time that was over, it was almost 6 o'clock.

So, no more going back to bed for me. I don't think I could sleep even if I tried, what with the adrenalin still pumping in me from the excitement.

So, by right, Wednesday 2nd of May 2007 should be a bad, sleepy and groggy day for me. But with Liverpool winning the shootout and through to the Final, its turning to be a fine, beautiful day (insyaAllah), thank you very much.

So, bring on Man United (we already beat AC Milan two years ago)...

2 comments:

Izwan Ismail said...

Assalamualaikum, since when Yop start blogging..haha good2 welcome to the club.

Last night game was not so bad for Liverpool, even though quite boring.
They should score more. Anyway, congrats la liverpool.

Ok, i don't want to say much on this, so just watch tonight's match. See you in the final. Hehe.

Azizi Ahmad Termizi: said...

Assalamualaikum Iwan

Don't be to sure we'll meet in the final la...Let's see first what happens tonight, then only talk about Athens.

Anyway, I hope united wins. That's only to avoid a repeat of our 2005 win over AC Milan. Twice in 3 years can be a bit boring kan?

So this year we want to have Man U on the Menu :-)

AZMAN AHMAD TERMIZI: 12 Januari 1964 - 30 Julai 2022

  AZMAN AHMAD TERMIZI 12 Januari 1964 - 30 Julai 2022 Dearest Man.You were not only my beloved brother, but you were also my good friend. Th...