Sunday, January 03, 2010

East Coast trip


First stop: Lata Kinjang to pick up Sakinah. This tall waterfall is visible from the PLUS Highway just north of the Tapah Interchange as one heads north


Wakaf fronting the Sungai Perak in Kuala Kangsar. Breakfast stop


The Perak Man's IC. Lenggong Archaeological Museum (Kota Tampan)


At the highest point on Banjaran Titiwangsa on the East West Highway. The mountains in the background are in Thailand


Pasar Siti Khadijah, Kota Bharu

Door knob of the house where we stayed overnight in KB

A makeshift fishing jetty in a kampong in KB


Kerawang motifs from the Masjid Kristal Kuala Terenganu


We managed to rush through a trip to the east coast over the Christmas break.

But driving through three states over three days is a tough job, I was to find out.

Luckily the weather was fine throughout. Despite warnings of the monsoon rain and of the floods recurring in Kelantan, alhamdulillah we didn't meet any downpour except during the last stretch of the journey along Karak Highway.

If I was honest, my greatest fear was driving the East West highway from Grik to Jeli - especially if it had rained. For this is one stretch of road which I hadn't driven before. Moreover, it is a crooked, mountainous ride all the way up and down the Banjaran Titiwangsa. It doesn't help, of course, that I am afraid of heights!


2 comments:

kotastar said...

Azizi, Short brief story but seems to be a wonderful break covering certain important areas. I am sure you will decribe with more details. Did you stop at the water fall along the highway? I have passed tons of time but never make way there yet? Also too the birth area of Perak man. Belum sempat masuk ke Pekan tu tapi lalu sahaja disana,. I just loved the door knob Boleh tau samada boleh dapat satu sp itu? Ya our country offers many things but sadly we fail to see the grandeur. Thanksfor the observation

Azizi Ahmad Termizi: said...

Pak Non

No I didn't stop at the water fall, we were practically rushing by. Will do that the nest time. I will ask the house owner about the door knob and let you know.

AZMAN AHMAD TERMIZI: 12 Januari 1964 - 30 Julai 2022

  AZMAN AHMAD TERMIZI 12 Januari 1964 - 30 Julai 2022 Dearest Man.You were not only my beloved brother, but you were also my good friend. Th...