Saturday, August 29, 2009

Liverpool off to a bad start


Liverpool’s new season hasn’t been off to a good start. I wouldn’t use the word crisis yet. After all, we are only three games into the season.

But, to put things into perspective, Benitez's side have lost as many league games in a fortnight as they did all last season.

And of all people, it is our talismanic captain who has to shoulder most of the blame.

Now, before Liverpool fans out there bombard me with hateful comments, let me be clear that I didn’t say it. Benitez did.

But we all trust Benitez enough to know what needs to be done. So I guess this was it. A kick in the backside for our Gerrard to wake him up.

I hope it does the trick – sooner, rather than later.

No doubt we have three key players to return – Aurelio, Agger and Aquilani. And I bet you that they could make a whole lot of difference. But my only fear is that it would be a case of a bit too late.

If Liverpool misses the title again this year – and that’s a big IF – then I hope Chelsea or Arsenal would win it. Heck, I wouldn’t even mind if Burnley goes all the way.

Anyone, except Man United.

2 comments:

Fendi Tsukuba said...

Salam, Abg Azizi, Apa kabar? Minta maaf sgt2 sebenarnya comment Abg Azizi 3 bulan lepas masuk spam so hari ni masa wife sy check spam box baru lah perasan comment Abg Azizi tu. Maaf ye.

Ya saya masih di Tsukuba, insyaAllah sampai 2011 Mac, Skrg masih berjuang utk dapatkan phd di sini.

Bila lagi nak dtg Jepun? Selamat berpuasa dan selamat hari saya saya ucapkan, maaf zahir batin.

Fendi, Tsukuba, Japan

Unknown said...

Salam Hj Azizi,

Tak leh nak komen sbb team saya berbeza - MU..waiting for the MU Vs Liverpool day, knowing my friend is one of the Liverpoolian..

AZMAN AHMAD TERMIZI: 12 Januari 1964 - 30 Julai 2022

  AZMAN AHMAD TERMIZI 12 Januari 1964 - 30 Julai 2022 Dearest Man.You were not only my beloved brother, but you were also my good friend. Th...