Monday, March 23, 2009

Genting Sempah, here we come


So, it's decided then. Or, truth be told, it has been decided for me. Yup, I've 'been volunteered' by my riding buddies to be the one to organize our ride up the old Gombak Road to Genting Sempah.

For the uninitiated, this was the main road linking KL to Kuantan back in the old days before the Karak Highway was constructed. It's main job was to cross the Banjaran Titiwangsa from this part of the Peninsular. So yes, it serves riders (those brave enough to challenge it) a good 16 to 20 km up-hill ride all the way from the Orang Asli Museum to the top. That was why I tried to chicken out of this. But obviously, my crafty buddies had other ideas.

To prevent me from being missing in action, they've trusted me forward to take care of the event itself. Trust them to get me into hot soup!

I'll have to muster all my courage and strength to reach the top, that's for sure. To avoid an embarrassing situation where the organizer himself is left a good few kilometers behind at the back of the group, I'd better get some training done.

No comments:

AZMAN AHMAD TERMIZI: 12 Januari 1964 - 30 Julai 2022

  AZMAN AHMAD TERMIZI 12 Januari 1964 - 30 Julai 2022 Dearest Man.You were not only my beloved brother, but you were also my good friend. Th...