Monday, March 05, 2007

Tsukuba University




Recently I received an e-mail from Akira Hosomi, a friend during my masters program study days at the University of Tsukuba.

Hosomi-san is now working in Vietnam and the e-mail was just to say hello. But the mail did sufficient enough to take me back through time to the days when I was at "Tsukuba-dai" as the university is popularly called in Japanese. Tsukuba-dai is a relatively new university, being brought into existence as part of an effort to create a new town outside of Tokyo for relocation of research organisations and institutions for higher learning.



Being a new town, Tsukuba City is a nice place to study and bring up a young family. It has parks and open space in abundance, it is clean and offers a peaceful living environment.

I was joined during my "three years sojourn" in Japan by my wife and three kids. I think they thoroughly enjoyed the experience.

No comments:

AZMAN AHMAD TERMIZI: 12 Januari 1964 - 30 Julai 2022

  AZMAN AHMAD TERMIZI 12 Januari 1964 - 30 Julai 2022 Dearest Man.You were not only my beloved brother, but you were also my good friend. Th...